Search
Close this search box.

AI platform aids machine learning and improves speed to market

AI

A new AI computational and storage platform provides reusable features for machine learning and artificial intelligence.

The new AI Feature Store platform co-created by  AT&T and H2O.ai was deployed to AT&T’s Chief Data Office and then across AT&T last year. AT&T estimates AI Feature Store has improved speed to market by as much as 70 per cent.

Data scientists and machine learning experts spend about 80 per cent of their time generating, preparing and labelling data. That leaves only 20 per cent of their time for the important tasks of analysing and interacting with the data to solve real-world business problems. AI Feature Store flips that breakdown of time.

“Feature Store is an ideal platform for making our artificial intelligence capabilities reusable and easy to access for our data scientists and citizen developers alike, and has helped integrate AI into the fabric of our business,” said Andy Markus, chief data officer at AT&T.

The fully managed AI Feature Store platform enables users to register, store, update, discover, use and share within AT&T highly curated, validated and model-ready historical and real-time features (attributes derived from raw data that predict an outcome such as churn, likelihood to buy, predicted demand, etc.) collected from throughout AT&T.

In the first year of launch, the new co-developed platform addressed the complexity of data quality requirements by providing a central repository that connects information across disparate systems to bring all of an organisation’s data assets together in one place. AI Feature Store plays a key role in artificial intelligence governance by ensuring that the right kind of data is only accessible to the right folks and taking care of sensitive data like PII or SPI with encryption, data masking and other technologies.

“The external version we co-developed with H2O.ai can help other companies embarking on their own artificial intelligence transformations, even as the speed and complexity of the challenges they face accelerate,” said Markus. The acceleration of speed to market gives AT&T some of the most advanced artificial intelligence and CDO departments in the entire country. The team was awarded a top spot by H2O.ai during the conference, which noted their strong artificial intelligence program.

“AI Feature Store is another way to fuel our drive to help large enterprises transform themselves,” said Sri Ambati, ceo of H2O.ai. “Our drive to enable transformation is at the heart of our mission at H2O.ai– we’re here to connect the world and democratise artificial intelligence across organizations so that it can have a positive impact on society.”

CTS The industrialisation of IT
CTS - Industrialisation of IT
Related Posts
CTS The industrialisation of IT
Others have also viewed

UK businesses see boosting connectivity as integral to growth

Study reveals a great opportunity for alternative network providers (AltNets) to meet growing demand for ...
centre

Germany Energy Efficiency Act demonstrates importance of data centre supply chain collaboration

Following the signing into law of Germany’s Energy Efficiency Act (EnEfG), energy solutions specialist Aggreko ...

Systemair look to Infor’s cloud solution to deliver more sustainable products

Systemair is moving its core business system to Infor CloudSuite Manufacturing, aiming at smoother integration ...
Data Centre

Vertiv collaborates with Intel on liquid cooled solution

Vertiv is collaborating with Intel to provide a liquid cooling solution that will support the ...